Thursday, March 1, 2012

Maxi Evolution

While I am LDS (Mormon) and adhere to a personal standard of modest dress, I also just generally like to keep my arms covered! And, I LOVE maxi dresses. Which are almost always spaghetti straps. 

Last summer, I fell in LOVE with this dress! Bright, fun...quirky!


It was $13! But I really don't like always just wearing a little shrug over things...so, I took matters into my own hands! I bought 2 dresses - so a total of $26 for you math majors out there, and built in a top!

TAH DAH!!


Now, I do recognize that I am blessed to have some fierce sewing skills, but to be honest, I rarely take the time to actually do something for myself. 


Here's the only photo I have of the dress in action...goofing around with my friend Kellie backstage at a show! I still wear a tank under it because it cuts so low...oh well! We can't have everything, can we?




I do love wearing it. Maxi dresses are WONDERFUL for hot Las Vegas summers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Questions? Let me know!