Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pretty on the cheap? Yes, please!

Last night I was thrilled to be a part of a wonderful ensemble performing the music of Andrew Lloyd Weber! 


My gown for the evening was a wonderful, flattering dress that I found at Savers. For $12!


Yes, it's a formal/bridesmaids gown from David's Bridal that retails for $135. Really nice, with boning and built in bra in a great spring color.  


Mine is more periwinkle, but I thought it worked great! Nice and romantic as I was singing two songs from Phantom of the Opera. And the ruching at the waist is so flattering! 


I apologize in advance for the pictures, the lighting was dramatic so it was hard to get a good screenshot of me in the show.


Backstage!

Backstage with my friend Francesca, in her $20 Ross Dress.


And onstage, introducing my Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat medly!

I felt pretty and glamourous and got lots of compliments. For $12. :)

I did find out last night, much to my amusement, that I have developed a reputation for making numerous costume changes in a show. I only made one costume change this show...and even made someone lose a bet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Questions? Let me know!