Sunday, February 19, 2012

Dressing Up

If you haven't figured it out yet....I'm a performer. Yup. I sing, act and "move well" onstage (meaning, I really don't fancy myself a dancer but I have to "dance" sometimes, but I digress)

So allow me to share with you a few of my fabulous performance wear finds!

#1. Red-iculous!

I was doing a production of Smokey Joe's Cafe and we needed to change up the finale costumes, so I decided to put all the women in red. And of course, mine was the last red dress to find! At the last minute, I found this beauty at Ross, in the clearance section for $9.99. You can find some great deals at Ross, Marshalls...etc. You just HAVE to look! I don't think it was in the clearance section nor with my size... look in every section! It takes time, but I can't tell you how many times I've found a treasure because it was in the wrong place. Oh, and the shoes will be featured tomorrow...look how cute they were - $6! These photos are from a Christmas show I wore the outfit in. For Smokey Joe's, I wore black pumps...a little more fashion forward.

#2 Silver Bullet



This treasure I also found at Ross! Again, I was looking for something for my Christmas show...I decided the finale should be silver and black. Did I have a silver dress? No, of course not! So, I went shopping. I tried on a dozen dresses, but as luck would have it, this $13 number (on clearance) was perfectly fitted and flattering. I also found matching shoes (sorry, I don't have a great photo) for $5 (also on clearance). The silver shrug was something I picked up probably a year before at Susie's Deals when I had to return something and they only do store credit. I think it was around $8. It was a larger and more jacket like, so I cut it down to a cute shrug. I LOVE this outfit! It's very flattering on me. Oh, I did add the stones which cost about $15. Yeah, I spent more on the stones than the dress...

#3 White as Snow

So, I know I started a trend...ROSS! Yes, got this dress at Ross as well. It was at the top of my usual spending range, $20. That was it's regular price and sometimes when you need something specific, you have to spend a little more. I needed a white dress for the Shades of Sinatra show I do. I ended up wearing it for Smokey Joe's as seen in the photos.
The shoes, though you can't really see them, were my splurge - $25. But again, performance wear and they go with EVERYTHING, so worth it in this case. The bracelet was $6 at Walgreens (go figure) and I made the headband with some trim I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Questions? Let me know!