Friday, February 17, 2012

First post - SHOES!

So you know those ads on the side of your facebook page about the shoes...just fab? Yeah. Kept clicking. Loved. Eventually, gave in.

Every shoe is $39.95. Which is way more than I like to spend on shoes. $20 is my limit and they better be pretty special to drop a whole Jackson on.

But then...there's a 2 for one sale...plus 50% off the first pair...

I COULDN'T RESIST! I got 3 whole pairs. 2 for performance wear and one sassy casual. With free shipping - that's $60 for 3 pairs. Not my most frugal pick, but for really nice, brand new shoes, not bad at all.

THE CATCH - you get signed up for a monthly service where they pick a pair of shoes and then send them to you unless you remember to tell them not to. So I'm not sure what I'm going to do...probably just cancel because I could buy a whole outfit (or 2) for $40. I'll keep you posted.

So, here they are!

#1 - The Blakely in Silver
I wore these on Valentines day with my Pink dress for a concert I did. I wasn't sure about the silver, but I ended up loving them! And in spite of 5 inches of heel offset by a 1 inch platform, very comfy and sturdy onstage! YAY!

#2. The Svetlana in Black
I've had my eye out for black sparkly's for a while so I decide to go with these! Also wore them on Valentine's day with my long red gown. My only complaint is that the gown stuck to them when I walked, so they'll probably be reserved for shorter dresses from now on. Also comfy and easy to work in. Again, YAY!

#3 The Harlow in Black

I was really excited about these ones - I've wanted some booties like this forever. Unfortunately, they are super uncomfortable and really hard to walk in. The pitch is too high I think. I'll give them a few more tries when I know I'm going somewhere I don't have to walk much, but really disappointed. 


So, 2 out of 3 ain't bad...and there's still hope for the Harlow...sometimes shoes just take some getting used to. 

It is fun shopping online...you can spend hours deciding what you want an nobody cares!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Questions? Let me know!