Saturday, February 25, 2012

An EPIC adventure!

A few days ago my lovely sister in law told me about a new thrift store that just opened up - EPIC Thrift Store! Not too far from my house.


So after I picked up my daughter from school and hit up the bank, we stopped in to check it out! I didn't have a lot of time, plus three of four children with me, so I didn't have optimal shopping time. I did, however, manage to find a great top and the kids, of course, snagged a few carefully checked out toys. 




First, the store! It's huge - as large or larger than some of my favorite Savers locations. It was replaced an old Michael's craft store, so the flooring was a little nicer. 


That's my 9 year old...Vanna White!


It was clean and bright, and the clothes were sorted by COLOR! Savers used to do that and stopped, so I really appreciated being able to sort through based on color. 






My only real complaint was that kids clothes were not sorted by size. They were sorted by color, but I would have liked to have seen them sorted by size as well.


Then I found this!
It's a flirty spring blouse in ivory with coral and purple flowers. I've been looking for something like this! It is an Elle brand so it came from Kohl's and the retail was probably around $30 (and that's figuring in Kohl's almost constant % off sales.) I got it for $3.

I also found this Old Nave super lightwight t-shirt to wear under it! It's the perfect companion piece...I mean, I love all these chiffon tops, but  finding appropriate underclothing is a challenge. This top - $1.50 - and I can easily wear it alone as well. SCORE!


We also picked up some shorts for the girls - $1 and $2 and some random play set pieces for my son - $2. My daughter picked out some maraccas - $1.50 and this cuddly oversized beany baby for $.70! I call it Ella Blue (Beyonce would be so proud!)




So...I'm getting brave...here's the top in action!



Elle Floral Top - Epic Thrift Store  $3, Old Navy Under T - Epic Thrift Store  $1.50, Mens Lucky Brand Jeans - wardrobe from a film I worked on $125, Floral Slingbacks - Citi Trends $17, Sea Shell Bracelet - JoAnn's Fabrics $4

And some other styling ideas, thanks to POLYVORE! I love polyvore...it's like paperdolls for adults!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Questions? Let me know!