Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I thrift so I can splurge!

Well, let me define splurge...

I feel like I've gotten a really good bargain if I spend under $10 on a great top or sweater, less if I'm at a thrift store. $12 is usually my threshold for blouses and tops if new.  Jeans - $12-15 new, $5-7 used. Shoes - under $10  used and under $20 new. Dresses, gowns - I'm a little more flexible, but a casual dress under $15 used or new...but I rarely ever shop for dresses new except dressy clothes for performance. But even most of those I score at thrift stores wink, wink...

So while I understand a great many women think nothing of dropping $50, $75, $100 on a great top, I'm just not that girl. So for some people, splurge will still mean cheap. 

So here's my splurge that I wore Saturday to see a show with my hubby - a wonderful date night! 

First off, SHOES! I actually select a lot of my outfits around my shoes...is that weird? I guess because so many times I have the perfect outfit then not the right shoes, but I digress!

I found these - $17. There's this little store in a strip mall not too far from my home. I rarely buy clothes there, but shoes and accessories - yes, please! Many of my favorite shoes come from that store. Most of my "splurge" shoes, actually. And often the ones I get the most comments about!


Flirty, feminine pieces have been really speaking to me this year. The moment I saw them, I knew they had to be mine!!

But, then...I didn't really have anything to wear with them. I mean, I'm sure I could have found something...but I wanted something special. So I was out shopping for some fabric with my honey for our current project and I found the perfect blouse. So I also splurged on it. Another $17 at Raphsodielle. 


I paired it with some boot cut blue jeans and my classic denim jacket. And had a wonderful night...can't wait to wear it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Questions? Let me know!