Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Super Sale Day!

Several times a year at those random Monday or Friday holidays like Presidents Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, etc... Savers, my favorite chain thrift store, has a sale where all clothing, shoes and accessories are 50% off!


Now I should explain that my main purpose for attending today's sale was to shop for costume pieces for my current costume project. We hit 5 different Savers locations and found lots of great stuff for our show!


I picked up several great items as well, so I thought I'd share a few with you today!


First, though, I wanted to let you see a few that I passed on. When I first started thrift store shopping, I would kinda just buy anything that looked like a good deal. I ended up with a bunch of things in my closet that I just ended up giving back to the thrift store because they didn't fit or flatter me or were just too dated or whatnot. So I've learned to edit...regardless of how sad that might be sometimes.




I loved this skirt. The pleats, the pockets, the fabrics, the colors, the colorblocking. But it was too small and too short. Even at half price - $4 - it would have been a waste. 




I also loved this sweater! The perfect summer sweater. Soft, lightweight, a great color - fun! And while I sometimes can wear a medium, my large bosom was too much for this delicate sweater. I even thought that maybe I could just wear it open, but I used better judgement and passed it by, willing it to someone who will wear it well. With the right shoes and accessories.


So, here are a few things I bought! There were a few gowns I bought as well, but the photos didn't come out, so I'll save them for later.


#1 This is a simple black knit blouse with some crazy fun epulets on the shoulder! $3.50


#2 Green Floral Print Skirt - Can't have enough casual skirts for Las Vegas summers! $2

#3 Black and White Polka Dot Blouse - this is my favorite! It's hard to find button down shirts that fit me. Love the gathered sleeves and belt! $3.50

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Questions? Let me know!